Hi there, my name is Katie and I am offering my services as an ESL tutor for international students or non-native speakers of English to help improve their reading, writing, speaking and grammar skills.
Living abroad and studying in a foreign language can be stressful and challenging at the best of times, so I will be able to assist with your language needs. If you send me material you need help with, we can work through it together in a lesson. I can correct writing at an additional cost.
More English means more manageable studies and more comfortable living in New Zealand.
Additionally, I can speak some Japanese and be of support to Japanese-speaking students during lessons.
* Double degree (BA and BMus) in Japanese and Music
* CELTA (Cambridge-accredited Certificate for teaching English to adults)
While working in Brisbane, I attended a number of in-house teaching training sessions which have been of great benefit to my teaching experience.
* 3 years in Hyogo, Japan on the JET programme from 2007-2011.
* 3.5 years in Singapore, teaching English to young adults and adults.
* 9 years in Brisbane, Australia teaching mostly at the International college of a university. This included General English, English for Academic Purposes and some IELTS preparation.
I have taught to a vast range of nationalities, including those from most Asian countries, the Middle East, South America and some European nations.
My main hobby at the moment is fitness training and hiking along the great trails New Zealand has to offer. I also enjoy being around people from different cultures and attending festivals and social networking events. Prior to the Covid-19 restrictions, I enjoyed a number of travel adventures. I also enjoy reading, movies and some television series (especially when different cultures are involved.)