Kate's subjects include:
- CIE/IB/NCEA Chemistry
- CIE/IB/NCEA Mathematics/Calculus
- CIE/IB/NCEA English (Literature)
- CIE/IB/NCEA Chinese
- IB TOK
- SAT II Chemistry
- Primary/Intermediate subjects include: Mathematics, English, Chinese and Science
Please note that all tutoring services will be completed remotely over Skype or Zoom.
All subjects are $70.
- Interview at Oxford University for biomedical sciences (only for top 10% of applicants)
- Unconditional offer at Imperial College London for Medicinal Chemistry BSc/MSc
- Unconditional offers for UCL, King's College, University of Edinburgh for chemistry/medicine related degrees
- Accepted into the Honors Programme at Monash for Pharmaceutical sciences (ranked first in the world), and offered Commonwealth Supported Place scholarship
- ACT score of 34/36
- Perfect score of 800 in the SAT Maths Level II Subject Test and Chemistry Subject Test
- Accepted by exception into Harvard University's Second-year Organic Chemistry course in 2017 as a high school student, passed with A-
- Current member of the International Society for Cosmetic Chemists and American Chemistry Society
- Top 30 rank in the New Zealand Chemistry Olympiad competition
- 2015-2017 New Zealand Future Problem Solving Finalist. 2015-2016 Second Place in New Zealand. 2016 International Finalist. Awarded New Zealand Future Problem Solving Award in 2014.
- Experienced IB, CIE, NCEA tutor in Chemistry, English, TOK and Mathematics for over four years.
- Past students have been accepted into multiple Australasia universities including the University of Melbourne, Sydney University, UNSW and the University of Auckland in their relevant subject majors.
- Past students have been accepted into the University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, University of Edinburgh, UCL, George Washington University, Syracuse University, Lancaster University, University of Aberdeen, University of Kent, University of Glasgow, University of Dublin.
- Also experienced in teaching primary/intermediate Mathematics, English, Chinese and Science
Kate is a student at University of California, Berkeley at the College of Chemistry studying Chemical Biology. Although she has only been in college for one year, she is now at a senior/fourth-year university student level and will graduate in May 2021 with a Bachelor's of Science. The UCB College of Chemistry is ranked second in the world for chemistry- related degrees. Kate was a student at Kristin School, Auckland, studying NCEA and IB diploma programs. She self-taught CIE A-Levels and achieved the highest grade possible (A*) in the two exams she took. Kate was also a student at Harvard University in 2017.
Kate's interests include medicinal chemistry research, visual art (painting), figure skating and singing.