I have solid experience of teaching and/or tutoring Japanese & Mathematics & Statistics as a teacher in NZ high schools and/or private tutor, with the ability to teach up to Cambridge International Examination A-Level as well as NCEA Level 3. I have also taught those aiming to pass the Japanese Language Proficiency Test from the beginner to the top level. And I have some experiences of teaching math for SAT, Otago Challenge and ICAS to a gifted primary school child.
- My Achievement -
Japanese: 1) Recently I helped an almost hopeless Y11 student with FAIL grade at school to achieve "A" in CIE Japanese only in 3 months!
2) All of my students with C- grade improved their Japanese quickly to get B+ or even A!
3) One of my students who started from the scratch has become very fluent like a native speaker in 2 years!
Maths: 1) Successfully assisted some of my "24-month-behind" students to catch up with their peers in 9 month! 2) One of my students was awarded with “the most improved student in Maths” at school. 3) All of my students who used to be really struggling with maths have passed the school exams with “Merit” or “Excellent” apart from one Year 5 boy
Prerequisite (only for junior maths): You need to have at least motiviation to learn multiplication tables
- How I Teach -
Japanese: 1) A wide range of teaching materials (pictures, printouts, maps, text/workbook, etc) will be used to enhance your learning. 2) Focus will be on speaking and conversation through role-plays, pair-works, questioning, etc, unless otherwise requested.
3) Lessons based on the curriculum of your school/university, with the use of their past/sample exam papers. I make even a mock exam/test for you.
Maths: 1) Diagrams, graphs or other visual aids will be frequently used so that you can clearly and visually understand important Mathematical concepts or formulae.
2) Frequent use of past school/NCEA/CIE exam papers.
3) Priority is given to improve your weak area – differentiation or trigonometry or whatever.
4) Lessons based on the curriculum of your school
Lessons are CAREFULLY planned and designed to suit each individual’s level, learning style, preference and time available for learning, and at the same time to have fun :) And you will be working on the same topic as your school in my lesson based on your school shedule. An appropriate amount of homework will be provided to enhance the learning and to monitor the progress, and it will be carefully checked and any question will be explained until you can fully understand.
- Fees -
1) Individual lessons: $50.00 for an hour, plus petrol fee ($0.15/km) if necessary. 2) Skype lesson: Available. No petrol fee.
3) Group lessons: $50.00 divided by the number of students in class
4) You can borrow a wide range of Japanese comic books and/or textbooks/workbooks FOR FREE! (You can read all the comic books with no problem at all as long as you can understand Hiragana & Katakana as all Kanji have Furigana)
5) 20% discount for Community Services Card holders with financial hardship in New Zealand, where poverty has been the biggiest barrrier for people to access good educational services
Looking for RELIABLE and enthusiasitic students who really want to make a difference!
You can see some more reviews from other people on my lesson at TradeMe - Just search with "Super Mathematics/Japanese" and you will see!
BA, LLB, Grad Dip of Secondary Education.
I have taught Japanese to all ages and levels, and Year 3 ~ 13 Mathematics, as a teacher and/or private tutor. Most of the students that I have taught improved their grades or performance remarkably and very quickly as I am a very committed responsible tutor who spends lots of time on preparation for each lesson.
My interests and hobbies are walking, swimming and workouts.