I have a keen interest in gaining knowledge and this enthusiasm has kept me motivated to work harder in academics. Apart from academics, I remained an active participant in extra-curricular activities such as fine arts and dance. I would like to work in an environment where I could learn and develop new skills, get a chance to meet and interact with different people, share my knowledge . I am keen and enthusiastic to begin teaching those who requires a responsible and highly organized teacher. I am reliable, dynamic and straightforward person who is committed to providing a quality service.
2019 Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand)
2017 Master of science- Physics (Panjab University, Chandigarh, India)
2015 Bachelor of Science- Physics, Mathematics and I.T. (Panjab University, Chandigarh, India)
05/2015 – 06/2017 Assistant Lecturer (B. S. Institute, Chandigarh India)
I have worked as an assistant lecturer at a tutorial institute in Chandigarh provided coaching to students of 10+1 level, and 10+2 level and competitive examinations such as NEET (National Eligibility and entrance test ), and Physics associated with Medical stream. Following are the responsibilities that were assigned to me:
• Provide course material to the students with the help of the course coordinator.
• Advise students who had queries regarding their education pathway.
• Solve students’ difficulties related to their courses on a daily basis in a timely manner.
• Access the students’ performance by preparing and conducting weekly tests.
• Meet students’ and their parents to discuss and update them about performance.
• Make learning effortless by inculcating modern methodologies such as digital technology.
07/2017 - 08/2017 Assistant Professor- Chandigarh University, Punjab, India
I managed to successfully secure a position of Assistant Professor-Physics Department at the Chandigarh University, Punjab, India however had to give up the job due to ongoing New Zealand visa application process.
2017 Research Project Assistant- Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Successfully secured a place for the post of Research Project Assistant at Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
08/2014 - 04/2017 Practical Demonstrator- GGDSD College Chandigarh, India
I have worked as a practical demonstrator in BOSONS-The Physics Club at GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India for 3 years. My duty was to demonstrate Physics experiments, working of apparatus i.e. the correct way to use equipment to my juniors and to the field trip students.
2018 Teacher’s Practice - Middleton Grange School, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch
7 weeks’ Teacher’s Practice at The Middleton Grange School, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch where I taught five classes: Year 9 Science, Year 11 Science, Year 12 and Year 13 Physics and a Scholarship Physics class.
08/09/2018 Volunteered in the judgement of NIWA Canterbury Westland Science and Technology Fair.
11/02/2019-29/03/2019: Teacher’s Practice at Villa Maria College, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch
7 weeks’ Teacher’s Practice at The Villa Maria College, Upper Riccarton, Christchurch where I taught four classes: 1 Year 9 Science, two Year 11 Science classes, 1 Level 2 Physics class.
• Accomplished in fine arts: Painting portraits, landscape, still life painting, pot painting, ceramic painting and crafts, installation art and have experience in setting up stage for various events.
• Technical Skills: Microsoft office suite, C++, HTML, Proficient in using One- Note.
• Indian cuisines: I would happily volunteer to be a part of food technology team to share my knowledge and procedures involved in preparing Indian cuisines.